Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) Powder – Hair Growth Herb
$19.00 – $69.00
Eclipta alba (Bhringraj in Sanskrit) regenerates hair, teeth and bones and prevents overall aging. It is widely used as a hair tonic. Eclipta Alba is considered an herbal alternative to Minoxidil.
Traditional medicine sees hair as an extension of blood. Hair are said to fall as a result of a blood deficiency that causes excessive heat. Bhringraj is known to increase hair follicles growth and regeneration.
Some studies have shown that after 7 weeks of intake, over 75 % of subjects reported a significant reduction in hair loss. Some of them even noted a reversal of alopecia, as their hair began to grow again.
- It is also a powerful Liver tonic, and therefore used in cases of hepatitis and for herbal liver cleanse.
- In external use, it helps with athlete’s foot, eczema and dermatitis. It can be placed on the scalp to accelerate hair growth and even restore hair color.
- Bhringraj improves memory, sight and the sense of hearing.
- It is highly praised in Ayurveda and Siddha medicine, where it is considered a rasayana (rejuvenating herb)
- An ancient Ayurvedic recipe: ”Bhringraj must be prepared as a powder and is to be taken with tender coconut water for one month, followed by one month with honey. This gives energy to the body, extraordinary brightness to the eyes and enhances intelligence. Avoid salty diet for those 2 months.”
Main recommended uses:
- External and internal use: for strengthening hair follicles & hair growth
- Bhringraj can also be combined in a blend with other herbs that support hair growth, such as Gotu Kola, Guava leaf, Papaya leaf or Longevity Spinach.
- Internal: to protect the liver – anti-inflammation
- Internal: as a general tonic, especially good for the skin and teeth
Ships DIRECTLY from Indonesia (no intermediaries). Free worldwide shipping.
* The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Jiang H. Treatment of 21 cases of alopecia with Shengfa Wan. Sichuan Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Madan A, Arun A, Verma S. A noncomparative open label pilot study to see the efficacy and consumer response of Vegetal Hair Well in preventing hair fall and promoting hair growth. International Journal of Advanced Research 2014
Roy RK, Thakur M, Dixit VK. Hair growth promoting activity of Eclipta alba in male albino rats. Arch Dermatol Res 2008
4 lbs (1814g), 3 oz (85g) (108 caps), 1/2 lbs (226g), 1 lb (454g), 2 lbs (907g)