Greater Galangal (Alpinia galanga) / Aromatic Ginger Root Powder
$19.00 – $69.00
Galanga (Kaempferia galanga) or Blue Ginger, or Karcurah in Sanaskrit is a mysterious plant with psychic properties. It helps to create a peaceful and contemplative internal environment. It has long been used in both Ayurveda, Jamu and Siddha medicine.
Galanga is traditionally consumed together with the Betel nut (Areca catechu) for psychic stimulation.
Galanga is also used as a powdered incense, to increase energy and awareness and dissipates fatigue, melancholy and sadness.
- The powder is applied on the wounds and bruises to reduce swellings.
- Galanga powder is used to remove bad odors of the mouth. It is also used as a deodorant and disinfectant.
- Used for flavoring curry. Galanga is a tasty spice to use in food preparations
- Employed in natural cosmetics, hair tonics and as a dry shampoo powder. It eliminates dandruff.
- Applied hot in rheumatism and for hastening the ripening of inflammatory tumors.
- Mixed with honey it isused in the treatment of cough, bronchitis
- As a poultice it is used against skin diseases and rheumatism
- Used for protecting cloths against insects.
- It is also used as a mild aphrodisiac.
How to use: As a spice in foods and as an ingredient in herbal formulas.
Ships DIRECTLY from Indonesia through our warehouse (no intermediaries)
* The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
4 lbs (1814g), 3 oz (85g) (108 caps), 1/2 lbs (226g), 1 lb (454g), 2 lbs (907g)