Herbal Tooth Powder / Toothpaste Powder
Our Herbal Tooth Powder can be is used for:
- Brushing the teeth (danta dhavana)
- Massaging the teeth and gums (pratisarana)
- Mouthwash and gargling (kavala)
- Tongue cleaning (jivha nirlekhana)
These are 4 morning procedures that are part of the dinacharya (Ayurvedic daily routine).
Our Tooth Powder Recipe
Equal parts of:
- Neem Leaf – very powerful antibacterial herb. Neem twigs ware traditionally used as toothbrushes.
- Javanese Turmeric Root – cleanses and whitens the teeth while stimulating the gums
- Comfrey Leaf – strengthens the enamel and heals any lesions of the gums
- Gall Oak – strengthens the teeth
- Clove – one the most powerful antibacterial herbs, relieves toothaches and caries
- Peppermint Leaf – relieves gum inflammation, gives a refreshing taste
- Cinnamon – stimulates the gums, astringent, antimicrobial, gives taste
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, brushing the teeth must be done with herbs that are astringent, pungent and/or bitter. So, do not be surprised if the taste of the powder is bitter.
How to use: Humidify your toothbrush and touch the powder. Then brush your teeth normally. It can also be used on top of your organic toothpaste.
We recommend that you use natural bamboo toothbrushes instead of plastic toothbrushes.