Javanese Guduchi (Tinospora crispa) Powder [Amrita] – A Rejuvenating, Toxins Cleansing and Mind Power Herb
$19.00 – $69.00
‘Guduchi’ in Sanskrit means ‘that which protects from diseases’. It is also called Amrita’, from the name of the elixir of immortality in Hindu mythology. This name shows the elevated status of this herb in Ayurveda. It is also mentioned in the myth of Ravana.
Guduchi is known for its detoxifying, rejuvenating, mental strengthening, and ama cleansing properties (ama is the toxin produced in the body when digestion does not happen perfectly, which it almost never does).
Guduchi is full of life energy, called prana in Ayurveda. The Ayurvedic treatise Bhava Prakasha mentions it as being able to grow on its own even if cut. It is full of life energy and is capable of growing for a while without any means of sustenance. Guduchi is characterized by its heart shaped leaves.
Guduchi helps with prolonging life. The sage Charaka classified it as a vayasthapana (age restoring) and as part of a group of four herbs called medhya rasayana (herbs which strengthen intelligence and memory). The Ayurvedic texts also describe it as being chaksushya (good for the eyes), dhatu krita (building the seven bodily tissues) and medhya (mind-strengthening).
Guduchi also build up ojas, the vital essence of the bodily tissues. This is why it is very recommended during convalescence and for wound healing.
Ayurvedic benefits of Guduchi, according to classical Sanskrit texts
- Rejuvenating herb (Rasayana)
- Mind strengthening herb (Medhya)
- Restoring youthfulness and giving longevity (Vyavasthapana)
- Body strengthening (Balya)
- Kindles digestive fire (Deepana) which processes both undigested toxins and environmental toxins
- Strengthens and purifies the liver (natural hepatoprotective), and as a result purifies the blood (Rakta shodhak)
- Binder of stools (Sangrahi)
- Guduchi is also one of the most effective herbal home remedies for fever.
Ships DIRECTLY from Indonesia through our warehouse (no intermediaries)
* The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
4 lbs (1814g), 3 oz (85g) (108 caps), 1/2 lbs (226g), 1 lb (454g), 2 lbs (907g)