Galanga / Aromatic Ginger (Kaempferia galanga) Root Powder [Karcurah]
$9.00 – $240.00
Used as a mild aphrodisiac, and also for powdered incense, which increases energy and awareness, and dissipates fatigue, melancholy, and sadness.
It helps to create a peaceful and contemplative internal environment.
Galanga, or Aromatic Ginger is traditionally chewed with Betel nut (Areca catechu) for psychic stimulation.
Its rhizomes are used in Ayurveda, Siddha and Jamu medicine.
Medicinal properties and uses: The rhizome has stimulant, expectorant, diuretic, anti-inflammatory and carminative properties. It is used in the treatment of cough, bronchitis, asthma, skin dieseaes, rheumatism, piles, oedema, fever, epilepsy, spleen disorders etc.
Powdered rhizome is mixed with honey and is given in cough and pectoral affections. Rhizome in the form of powder or ointment is applied on the wounds and bruises to reduce swellings. Roasted rhizome is applied hot in rheumatism and for hastening the ripening of inflammatory tumors.
- The Galanga rhizome is used to remove bad odor of the mouth. It is also used as a deodorant and disinfectant.
- It is attached to necklaces for their perfume.
- Steam distillation of rhizome yields essential oil, which is used in the manufacturing of perfumes and flavoring curry.
- It is also employed in cosmetics, hair tonics, toiletries and as a hair wash in dandruff.
- It is used for protecting cloths against insects.
Main recommended use: As a tea, as an ingredient in herbal formulas, or as an incense.
Type of Powder: Water soluble. Easy to integrate in teas and drinks.
Ships DIRECTLY from Indonesia through our warehouse (no intermediaries)
* The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1 lb (454g), 1/2 lbs (227g), 120 caps, 2 lbs (907g), 21 lbs (9.53 kg)