Nogo Sosro Herbal Smoking (10 Packs of 12 cigarettes) with 17 medicinal herbs, no tobacco!
Nogo Sosro is a brand of traditional Javanese herbal cigarettes made of 17 different herbs and substances, according to a ancient Javanese formula (including wild jungle honey). They contain no tobacco, only herbs.
Remarkably, Nogo Sosro herbal cigarettes only produce an amazingly low 0.05 mg of nicotin! (compared to regular Marlboro’s 0.8 mg of nicotin).
The tar emission however stands at 35.10 mg, which is a rather low rate for herbal cigarettes, but still much higher than filter cigarettes, because Nogo Sosro’s herbal cigarettes do not have filters.
However it is to be noted that tar from medicianl herbs has very different effects than tar from tobacco.
Here are 12 of the 17 herbs and substances used in Nogo Sosro’s formula (the remaining 5 others are kept secret):
- Kapulaga (Amamum Campactum), a rare Javanese herb.
- Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), an essential ingredient in all Javanese kretek cigarettes.
- Black Cumin Seed (Nigella sativa), a highly medicinal herb, usually taken as an oil.
- Betel (Piper betle), a leaf that is traditionally chewed and has mild sedative effects.
- Kencur (Kaempferia galangal), an herb traditionally used in Beras Kencur, a famous Javanese medicinal drink.
- Miswak (Salvadore Persica)
- Coriander / Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum)
- Black Pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) – Interestingly, the combination of Black pepper and Ginger is known in Ayurveda to have special effects.
- Banana Skin
- Wild Jungle Honey