There are 3 types of the Kratom plant which are White Vein, Green Vein and Red Vein. This is based on the color of the veins and stems, which depends on the chemical composition of each strain.
In general, White veins are more stimulating, Red are more sedating and Green is in between.
• Green and White Vein Kratom have a more stimulating effect, with white being slightly more energetic. Green vein leaves are known for providing clearer thinking as well as extra endurance, and is preferred by athletes and labor workers.
• Red Vein Kratom has a more pronounced sedative effect. Red vein is often used for pain relief and as a substitute for opiate detoxing. It also gives a more euphoric feeling.
- For treating depression, the White and Green strains of Maeng Da, Malaysian and Thailand are ideal.
- For anxiety, the Red strains, especially Indo, Bali and Borneo are best.
- For nootropic effects, the best strains are Green Malaysian, Thai, White Maeng Da and Green Maeng Da.
White Vein Kratom
White Kratom has the most stimulating effects. It boosts energy and mental concentration. It is used for concentration, cheerfulness and stamina. White Kratom is often seen as an alternative to coffee and has similar effects of alertness, wakefulness and motivation.
Use White preferably in the morning because otherwise you might get insomnia. It is sometimes called “Morning Kratom” as opposed to Red Kratom being more of an “Evening Kratom”. White Kratom helps you get through a long work day.
Of all the vein types, white vein shows the most potential as a nootropic (cognition enhancing) substance. Many have found that using this vein type first thing in the morning to be a great substitute for coffee due to its effects on alertness and focus.
The main variety of White Vein Kratom is White Maeng Da.
Types of White Vein Kratom
• Borneo White Vein – Very stimulating in low doses, providing coffee-like energy, alertness and mental clarity. Users say White Vein improves their awareness, concentration and susceptibility to fatigue.
• Maeng Da White Vein – The strongest strain of Kratom leaf sold today, Maeng Da is a genetic derivative of Thai Kratom. It provides intense cerebral energy while giving the user a sense of well-being and higher consciousness.
• Thai White Vein – Stimulating strain with euphoric and dissociating properties
Red Vein Kratom
Used for its mood-enhancing, relaxing and pain-relieving effects. It promotes relaxation and alleviates stress. The Red strain is sedative and euphoric . It is generally the most popular and most consumed strains. Red Kratom seems to be the best option for beginners.
Commonly reported effects of Red Kratom include peace of mind, a sense of well-being and optimism. It aids for insomnia, relaxes the body, relieves pain, relaxes muscles, can be used as a replacement for prescription painkillers and opiate withdrawal.
Lower doses of Red Vein Kratom produce stimulating effects, while the overall effect of the red strains are used to promote feelings of peace and tranquility. It helps to relax the muscles, which may replace pharmaceutical painkillers. It is also very effective to overcome insomnia.
Red veins also tends to works regardless of the user’s brain chemistry, whereas White and Green vein strains often effect people variably.
Red Maeng Da is the strongest strain of Red Kratom.
Types of Red Vein Kratom
• Bali Red Vein – One of the most popular types of Kratom, considered well-suited for beginners. It provides a well-rounded experience and is effective for alleviating stress and promoting relaxation and a better mood. Bali Kratom is euphoric and the most classic opiate like among all kratom strains.
A potent sedative strain highly recommended for pain and opioid addiction. So, you know it’s potent. Red Bali Kratom has at least 25 to 30 alkaloids, if not more. Two of them, compliment each other and forms this strain into a super effective painkiller. Red Bali is more efficient for sedation compared to red thai. Red Thai, however, is more stimulating and people often report fewer side effects with it.
The incredibly potent alkaloid, 7-hydroxymitragynine – is 13 times higher analgesic potency than morphine and 46 folds higher than standard mitragynine. 7-hydroxymitragynine combined with 9-Hydroxycorynantheidine gives red bali another supply of pain relief and relaxation.
Bali kratom effects are both relaxing as well as energizing. Higher doses of Bali kratom tend to be more relaxing, while lower doses produce stimulating effects. For a new user, the kratom effects can last around 5-6 hours. Experienced users may feel the effects for around 3 hours.
• Thai Red Vein – Similar to the Bali leaf, but slightly less sedating, more uplifting and known to last longer. Red Vein Thai is similar to Red Bali, but with fewer negative side effects. Thai Kratom is known for energizing effects and as a sexual stimulant. It lasts for about 4-6 hours. Because Mitragyna Speciosa trees were banned in Thailand in 1943, Thai strains are grown in other countries, such as Malaysia and Indonesia.
• Borneo Red Vein – Borneo Kratom, especially Red vein Borneo, is one of the strongest strains you will find in nature. They are highly sedating, great for pain relief, and unparalleled for anxiety and stress relief. Red Vein Borneo Kratom strains also have a extremely low side-effect factor.
• Bentuangie Kratom – A Red vein strain, Bentuangie has incredible pain killing effects. For some, it might even be better than Red Bali. The effects tend to be slower, but once they kick in, your pain disappears. Red Bali is still a potent strain for pain. Picking bentuangie instead of Red Bali makes sense if you don’t want over sedation but still relaxation and pain relief.
This type is fermented in a bag, unlike the others that go through a drying process. This fermentation process gives this strain a unique flavor and it increases the percentage of alkaloids. Bentuangie is a strain that is rare, but it is starting to gain in popularity. This type of kratom is a little more costly than the other typical strains that are on the market.
Green Vein Kratom
Green vein strains give stimulation, stamina and focus and help you to stay motivated, with some euphoric effects. Green vein’s effects are weaker than Red and White vein Kratoms, but are more long-lasting. Green Veins also do not produce drowsiness. It is also used to alleviate social anxiety.
Green Kratom induces clearer thinking, long endurance, alleviates anxiety and depression, produces euphoria, enhances alertness and focus, alleviates pain and discomfort and alleviates social anxiety.
Green Vein Kratom is known as the most well-balanced Kratom strain. It works in a moderate, yet long-lasting way. Green Kratom strains are a naturally an occurring hybrid of Red Vein and White Vein Kratom, therefore, they possess the qualities of both.
Green Kratom effects are somewhere between White and Red Kratom strains and are more subtle. Red vein is is mostly sedating and White vein is mostly stimulating – Green vein is in the middle. Green vein strains are much more moderate in their effects than other the other vein varieties and can provide the best of both worlds, and is used as a daily kratom.
Green can also be mixed with White or Red Kratom to create a more rounded and complete effect.
The Green strain is often used to alleviate social fears. The user feels less inhibition and becomes friendlier and more cheerful.
Although the pain-relieving effects of Green Kartom are not as powerful as that of Red Vein Kratom, people still prefer the green strains over the red because the green Kratom does not induce sedation when it comes to its analgesic effects.
Green Vein Kratom is a remarkable energy booster. The energizing effects of this strain last longer than that of coffee.
It is also very useful in clearing brain fog and increasing mental sharpness and clarity.
The most popular strains of Green Vein Kratom are Green Malay and Green Maeng Da.
Types of Green Vein Kratom
• Thai Green Vein – Green Vein Kratom is known to be more stimulating than Red, but does not cause over-excitement, anxiety or jitters. A great balanced energy for focus and stamina.
• Malay Green Vein – Has strong analgesic and nootropic effects. Very effective in alleviating pain and relaxing muscles. Helps to increase focus, concentration levels and mental clarity. This strain is said to be highly euphoric and can help you get motivated and be more productive. It is often used to treat depression and produces powerful feelings of well-being and optimism.
Green Malay is a potent euphoric kratom with a moderate energizing scent. The more you take, the more relaxed you become. Super Green Malay is said to be the strongest green vein. And one of the best for beginners. It can be used any time of the day. What I like the most with green malay is that the effects can last for up to 8 hours if the source is right.
Green Malaysian is a long lasting energizing strain. It is easier than some other strains to take due to it’s more pleasant taste. Green Malaysian is considered on the more euphoric side of the effect scale. When taken, the kratom effects can last up to 8 hours for a beginner and around 3-4 hours for an experienced user.
• Bali Green Vein – An incredible painkiller and muscle relaxant, without inducing sedation. Very mood-lifting. It also boosts energy levels and alertness. Green-Veined Bali is found in Borneo and Sumatra. Green-veined Bali has a high alkaloid level that resembles Maeng Da. This Mitragyna Speciosa strain is becoming popular do to it’s balanced level of alkaloids. The kratom effects are said to be both relaxing and slightly stimulating with waves of euphoria. A perfect balance of energy and sedation.
• Indo Green Vein – Strongly euphoric, is used to relieve stress and anxiety. It is a fast acting strain which promotes positive thoughts and feelings and aids users to combat depression and social anxiety.
• Malaysia Dragon Green Vein – Can produce euphoric effects at low dosages. Boost energy levels in high dosage.
• Green Maeng Da (Thailand) – Excellent energy booster, stimulant and painkiller. However, it also has sedative effects, so it is one of theose Kratoms that should not be used when driving or operating machinery.
• Green Kapuas – A balanced Green vein strain that produces both euphoric and stimulating effects, depending on the dosage.
• Green Vein Bantuagie (Indonesia) – An excellent energy booster, and at the same time has nootropic effects, as well as strong euphoric effects.
• Green Vein Riau (Indonesia) – A powerful energizing strain known for keeping the user alert and active throughout the day. It is also an excellent painkiller and muscle relaxant.
• Green Vein Sumatra – Energy-boosting and euphoric.
• Green Vein Vietnam – A powerful nootropic that improves focus and levels of concentration. It is also an effective stimulant that produces great amounts of physical energy.
• Green Borneo – Borneo kratom, in general, is strong. The Green strain offers a stable mood and energy boost. Green Borneo Kratom is like Red Bali, rich in the same potent alkaloids, which makes these strains remarkable painkillers. You should get Red Bali if you want a sedative and more relaxed experience. And Green Borneo if you still want strong pain relief but also more energy during your day.
Types of Strains by Location Name
The different strains have distinct alkaloid content and so different strains will give you different effects. The only way to determine which strain is best for you is to try a few, make note of the effects and keep trying. You may decide to blend a couple of strains together.
• Bali Kratom – It is actually is grown in Borneo, not in Bali. It got the name “Bali Kratom” because it used to be shipped out from ports located in Bali. In relaity, Bali Kratom and Borneo Kratom are the same. Bali Kratom tends to be more relaxing but have the ability to produce sensations of euphoria as well. It’s also known as an analgesic (pain reliever). In terms of being energizing, it is only mildly so when compared to other strains.
• Indonesian or Indo Kratom – This strain has a more relaxing effect and is found on that end of the spectrum. It provides strong pain relief and helps to relieve depression and anxiety. It has even been utilized for people trying to withdraw from heroin and opium addiction. They actually replace their drugs with the Indo strain of Kratom. This strain is a good stress reliever, eliminating tension in the muscles and lifting your mood.
When taken in higher doses, users describe it as causing feelings of euphoria, profound empathy, joy and happiness, tranquility plus a very strong feeling of well-being. Indo Kratom is sold in a number of different grades such as Premium Indo, Super Indo and the Ultra Enhanced Indo which is known to be if the highest quality Kratom products on the market.
• Maeng Da – One of the most famous strains, because it is one of the strongest strains available. It has a very uplifting effect in terms of mood and energy level. Many people use it to boost productivity and replace their morning caffeine drink with Maeng Da. The rough translation for this name is “Pimp’s Grade” in Thai – which means the strongest strain of Kratom.
The Maeng Da strain is known for providing more intense effects, but lasting a shorter amount of time. You generally need a smaller dose to see the same effects as other strains. At low doses it’s not a strong pain reliever but with high doses it is effective at reducing pain and will have a definite sedating effect while relieving anxiety.
Do to its high potency, many users blend it with other strains to smooth out the effects and provide a more balanced experience.
• Malaysian Kratom – More of a stimulant, with a lot of benefits for improving brain power. It’s really not recommended as a pain reliever or for that matter for relieving anxiety but it does help users release tension without the side effect of becoming tired or drowsy.
Malay is a strain that lasts longer in the system and is commonly blended with other strains to balance and smooth out the effects. Experienced users suggest mixing this strain with other Green or White strains to prevent being over stimulated or restless. Malay Kratom gives users a positive mind-set and improves attentiveness and focus.
• Riau Kratom Strain – A rare strain of Kratom, grown in Sumatra, in the Southwestern area of the island. It has some of the same features as the Borneo and other Indonesian strains. It’s a good pain reliever and mood elevator while having a relaxing and sedating effect. Riau Kratom tastes sweeter than most other strains which is great for those who dislike the bitter taste of kratom.
• Sumatra Kratom – The effects tend to last longer in the system than other more typical strains. It may not be as strong as some other Kratom strains but the effects do have a long duration and are very pleasant.
• Thai Kratom – This strain is comparable to the Bali strain but a little more energizing and not as much of a relaxant. It also works well as a natural pain reliever or analgesic.
• Vietnam Kratom – This strain is very potent and the leaves are said to have be as much as 25% higher in alkaloid content per gram than other Kratom varieties. Users report similar effects as with Maeng Da Kratom in terms of intensifying focus, drive and energy.